Read about the importance of pruning protected trees. All trees play important economic, environmental and social roles in any district of New Zealand. However, some trees are often thought of as being of greater value than others.
What is a notable tree?
That is, there are some specimen trees, or groups of trees, that stand out as being notable, significant or distinguished. It is those trees that, for various reasons, are selected by local authorities throughout New Zealand for inclusion on a notable tree schedule in a district plan.
Through this mechanism they gain greater legal protection. Notable trees are generally those that a community or nation regards as being of special importance because they commemorate important events in a nation’s history. They are exceptional or unique examples of a species. They are critical to the survival of other species, or are of such age, stature, character and visibility that they are regarded as the best in the district.
Experts in pruning protected trees and notable trees in Auckland
Scheduled, notable, and protected trees require regular tree care maintenance in the urban environment. Regularly maintained trees are safe assets of irreplaceable value to your property.
A well-maintained tree will:
- Reduce the cost of heating and cooling of your house.
- Shield your children from UV.
- Offer your children a natural and fun environment for play.
- Filter the air and water on your property.
- Protect your property from erosion.
This work needs to be carried out by qualified arborists with a good understanding of tree health and care. We at Tree Care Auckland are specialised in the care of scheduled, notable, and protected trees. All work on, or near, scheduled or notable trees requires resource consent. We gladly assist our clients with this process.
Tree care and maintenance work on scheduled trees can be financially subsidised by the Council. Please contact us if you would like to know more about this scheme and your options.
Why do our clients choose Tree Care Auckland for their tree work?
- All tree work performed by qualified arborists and foresters
- Continuing education for staff and contractors
- Modern tree care solutions
- Safe working practices guaranteed
- Environmentally concerned (TCA environmental policy)
- Quality workmanship guaranteed (ISA and NZ Arbor membership)
- Comprehensively insured (1 million public liability)
- Auckland Council approved contractor